It’s still hard to believe this year has almost ended! It started out rough (COVID, moving, burnout, quitting conventions, etc), but has ended in an amazingly positive place (Kev’s good health + new job, etc.).
I didn’t produce a lot of art this year, but I was also making a lot of invisible moves in the background to overhaul my web presence, sites, and shops. I used a lot of what I learned this year to make big steps towards building a more sustainable art biz for myself without having to rely on conventions, which is looking to be a permanent change for me as we prioritize Kev’s health and risk factors.
Our Year On Patreon
Your support here has done so much for me, especially during the rough times! Not only that, but every word of encouragement here in the comments or over in my Discord server have really meant a lot. Every word of encouragement really keeps an artist going!
Fans and Patrons have helped me do the following this year:
- Pay for lifetime subs for my websites’ themes and gallery plugins so I can save money in the long run
- Up my budget for ads, which drives sales and helps new folks discover my art
- Stay stable and have more peace of mind while we’ve endured struggles and medical bills
- Afford the Making Art Work class, which has been so helpful for improving my biz this year
My Major Milestones This Year
- Built a new site for the Gemstone Goddesses
- Started laying the foundation for the Birthstone Goddesses Calendar & Art Book
- Participated in my very first Tarot deck with Temperance
- Started learning how to use Clip Studio Paint, an amazing tool
I’m excited for next year, where I hope to keep making steps forward to finish my biggest ambitions for the Birthstone Goddesses and to keep pushing my art skills. I have a pretty big list from class of things I’d like to start rolling out for the Goddesses (ie. pendants, totes, gift sets, etc.).
But first, I’m going to relax for the holidays and enjoy a much-needed quiet end of the year.
Thanks so much, as ever, for being here and for all who have supported this Patreon or have just been encouraging fans. I know I keep repeating this, but it’s little things like that which keep an artist going, especially when times get rough!
Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the year!