Latest Developments in Angela’s Checklist to Take Over the World by Art Storm:
- Updated my eBay shop with more original artwork and matted/signed prints. Felt really accomplished after 15+ postings!
- Currently reading 3 Weeks to Ebay Profits. Extremely helpful thus far! Will post more once I’m done reading.
- Posted my first ever video tutorial on Color Pencil Tools! I need to learn how to not curse when I mess up my dialogue so I don’t have to shoot so many takes. Perhaps an outtake reel is in order?
- Making concrete plans to attend more conventions and saving up to hit more Artist Alleys for networking. Already sent out to Katsucon, for starters!
- Huge plans in the works to start on several longer series of illustrative works. Time to see if I can balance those muses and to focus my artistic ADD.
Because sometimes it’s just easier to list things rather than ramble about them. I got alot done this week and I am only full of hope as I slowly, yet surely, begin to see all these efforts pay off. I still have a long way to go, but it’s great to finally be able to check off a few things that have been on my to-do list for years now.
Plans for this week:
- Put the finishing touches on glass tile pendants and list them on eBay/Etsy
- Dig the original art out from under my bed and mat them. Need to start working harder on presentation!
- Practice more digital media with some orthographic concept sketches. Practice more watercolor techniques while I’m at it.
- Start prospecting galleries in town to see if any will display my work. Gotta give my local galleries some love!
- Start looking for academic publishers for the thesis paper, if there’s time!
I promise a meatier, more thought-provoking post the next time! I’ve recently seen Inkheart and it has my ol writing urges simmering again. More on that later!
Sorry for all the exclamation points in this journal. It appears I’ve had about four times the quantity of Dr.Pepper than I usually allow myself!!!!