It’s been a busy month behind the scenes! I’ve continued my journey with Making Art Work, despite our official graduation happening this past Friday. There was so much great material that I needed time to absorb and I got a little behind!
I’ve kept a whole list of changes I’d like to make to my art business based on all the revelations I had during this course and I’m STILL adding to it as I wrap up the last 4 of 12 modules I’ve yet to complete.
I’ve also been caught up in a massive redesign of the Birthstone/Gemstone Goddesses website utilizing all the wonderful info I learned in MAW. It’s probably the most ambitious I’ve gotten with a website to date and I can’t wait to (hopefully) roll it out with a launch celebration this month!
I can also finally share the GREAT news we were waiting on before. I’m so hyped to report my husband, Kevin, will be starting a new job soon! It’s the kind of IT job he’s always wanted where he gets to advise others on networking and cloud services. We expect a lot of doors to open thanks to this amazing opportunity!
This means things are about to get crazy for us now that we can resume our plans to buy our first home! We’ve endured mold, gas leaks, and more at our current rental and can’t wait to get into a safe place that we can really call home. I expect this will mean more comfort that will be conducive to happiness and making art!
Coming in June
Here’s what I have planned to share this month:
- A new digital coloring page for $5+ Patrons
- New addition of Metallic Stickers to the Secret Shop for All Patrons
- Website Launch Celebration! (Hoping I get it all done by end of the month!)
- New Birthstone Goddess fashion sketches for my Fine Art shop. All Patrons will get first dibs on them in a post here before they go up in the shop!
Upcoming Changes to this Patreon
As we enter into a new phase of the Birthstone Goddesses where I have less art to share and more invisible work like designing page layouts, writing, etc. for the art book, calendar, etc, I’m considering changing the way this Patreon works. Patreon has been stressful to maintain of late with everything going on and I always feel bad when I don’t have new art to share.
To keep my stress levels down, I’m considering changing this Patreon to a Tip Jar format temporarily (possibly permanently). The tiers will still be similar to what I have now, with a base tier and a couple more premium tiers for those who enjoy some of my higher priced perks, like Premium Tutorials, etc.
The main difference will be that I only add material when I feel I have something interesting to share, which may not be each month. You’d basically be tipping me to help support my art and for the following perks, (which should all look familiar as it is exactly what you’re getting now, I would only be changing the frequency at which I add to some of them):
- Access to archives of coloring pages, digital wallpapers, & Premium Tutorials added as and when I’m able to produce them
- Access to Patron-only posts (Behind the Scenes peeks, Secret Sketchbook posts, etc.) added as and when I’m able to produce them
- Secret Shop access for all Patrons
- Ability to vote in polls
- Private Patreon Discord server access
- Eternal discount codes that don’t expire
- Art launch announcements, including first dibs on collecting new originals
I also hope to add a fancy Merch tier that will be replacing the Art Collector tiers down the line. These will be tiers where the longer you stay pledged to them, the more cool swag you will accrue as you reach your loyalty milestones!
These plans are all in the works, however, and I will definitely warn you all before things get massively shuffled! For now, my Patreon will remain the same as it is currently with at least one post per week. I just wanted to give you all a head’s up for my plans for the near-future!
Digest of May’s Posts
- Behind the Scenes: Photographing Art
- New Secret Shop Items! Prototype Tote Bags
- Behind the Scenes: Redesigning the Gemstone Goddesses Site
- MerMay 2021
Rewards Added In May
For now, I’m celebrating learning so much via MAW and can’t wait to share the fruits of my labors with you soon! Thanks, as ever, for your generosity and encouragement.